Transamerica announced today the availability of Transamerica Employee ResourcesSM, a suite of new benefits that employers can offer to help their employees strengthen work-life balance and get through challenging times. These services offer valuable confidential resources for employees and their families during times of need.
Transamerica Employee Resources consists of three value-added services:
- A choice of Employee Assistance Program (EAP) models. EAP Core provides the policyholder’s survivors at time of claim with simple access to confidential services like evaluations, grief counseling, referrals, and follow-ups at no added cost to employers or employees. EAP Plus offers enhanced services to all employees, such as additional counseling sessions and human resources services, and is available for employer buy-up at no additional cost to employees.
- Emergency Travel Assistance provides immediate support and assistance in cases of emergency when traveling more than 100 miles from home for less than 90 consecutive days, either for business or leisure, domestically or internationally.
- Identity Theft Services help protect and restore personal financial information.
“Work-life balance is especially challenging when life outside the workplace is more complicated than usual,” said Phil Eckman, President of Transamerica Workplace Solutions. “Employers know that employees can find it difficult to navigate through hardships while trying to focus on work. Transamerica’s group term life insurance now includes confidential and easily accessible programs with no cost to the employee that help employees feel supported and stay productive. Transamerica Employee Resources is just one more way Transamerica shows our commitment to helping our customers live their best lives.”
Transamerica’s Group Term Life Insurance is an annually renewable employer-paid term life policy that offers guaranteed issue, renewability to age 100 without medical exams, no evidence of insurability, portability if a covered employee leaves or retires, and employee buy-up options above the employer-paid coverage.
Employee Assistance Programs
EAP Core offers confidential, private evaluations, grief counseling, referrals, and follow-up services provided by ComPsych Corporation. Services include:
- Three in-person or video grief counseling sessions
- Customized digital communications and resources
- 24/7 clinical support via text, chat, phone, and email
- Online content and research for childcare, elder care, housing, education, and more
- Unlimited telephone access to staff attorneys and financial experts
- Free online basic will preparation
- Online health risk assessment
- Resources available online or via mobile app
EAP Plus boosts support services by offering all employees with five in-person or video counseling sessions for any issue, customized communications, and resources in digital and print formats, and Human Resources services such as formal referrals and supervisory consultations. Both EAP Core and EAP Plus offer employers with optional critical incident debriefing and monthly training hours and webinars.
Emergency Travel Assistance
Offered through Assist America, Emergency Travel Assistance (ETA) services provide immediate support and assistance in cases of emergency when traveling more than 100 miles from home for less than 90 consecutive days, either for business or leisure, domestically or internationally. Services include:
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation to nearest suitable facility
- Immediate help with emergency travel arrangements
- Prescription replacement assistance if lost or forgotten
- Medical consultation, evaluation, and monitoring
- Medical, legal, and interpreter referrals
- Early return home of in the event of an immediate family member’s death
- Return of a member’s mortal remains
- Foreign hospital admission assistance
Identity Theft Services
Identity theft services help protect employees’ personal financial information and help restore financial well-being if compromised, with:
- Secure credit card and document storage in case of loss or theft
- Internet fraud monitoring and owner notification if a card shows dark web activity
- 24/7 access to a certified Fair Credit Reporting Act caseworker to help restore identity
- Lost or stolen credit and debit card assistance
- Fraud Support Service Kit with agency contact information to help speed restoration
With 90 years of experience providing employee benefits, Transamerica is committed to helping employers offer more financial security for their employees.
Employers may contact their financial professionals to learn more about Transamerica’s flexible suite of employee benefit solutions.